I have so much going on today baking up a storm and getting together some exciting post for the rest of this week. If you’re a chocolate lover be sure to check back in because I will be having a new chocolate dessert everyday in honor of Valentines Day! But, in the mean time I wanted to give ya’ll a quick chicken recipe I use when I’m to busy to really think about what I’m gonna cook, like today.This recipe is so simple, you just chop a few herbs add them to a cup of oil with some chopped garlic, salt and pepper, put in your chicken breast and let em chill out in the fridge. You can scroll through your facebook feed, or wash a load of clothes or play referee to your fighting teenagers ( or is that last one just me?) I like this recipe because not only is it effortless it is so flavorful! If you are in a real hurry you can skip the marinate stage and just go straight in the oven I have done this plenty of times. Just know the longer you let them hang out with the herbs the more the flavors will come together, making them that much more tasty.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup olive oil or olive oil blend
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 6 sprigs thyme picked and chopped
- 4-5 sage leaves chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary picked and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven to 350 degrees. line baking sheet with foil set aside.
- Chop all herbs and mince garlic.
- Pour oil in bowl and a small amount salt and pepper, add in herbs and chicken toss around until chicken is well coated sprinkle a little more salt and pepper on top. Place in fridge for 30 mins. to 1 hour ( could leave in over night) take chicken out and place in single layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350 25-30 mins or until internal temp reads 160 degrees on a cooking thermometer. take out and let rest 5 mins. serve.